ObamaCare, What You Need To Know
The ObamaCare Bill also known as the The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) is America’s new health care reform law. The law was created to ensure more United States Citizens would have access to affordable and quality healthcare.
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act enable you to:
- Grandfather your health insurance policy if the policy was purchased prior to March 23, 2010.
- The insurance program covers the cost of most preventive care medical services.
- You cannot be denied insurance if you have a preexisting condition.
If you have Medicare and are in a higher tax bracket you may have to pay a small additional fee for your Medicare. However, you are allowed to keep your same Medicare health insurance.
There are three ways to purchase health insurance:
- Contact an Insurer to buy and compare health plans.
- Speak to a Broker to buy and compare health plans.
- Using your State’s Health Insurance Marketplace to buy and company.