EXTRA HELP WITH MEDICARE PRESCRIPTION DRUG PLAN
Extra help with Medicare Prescription Drug Plan 2016 helps with prescription costs.
Prescription costs can be overwhelming and financial out of reach for some people.
Thankfully, there is an assistance program, Extra Help With Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Costs.
Medicare beneficiaries may be able to qualify for the Extra Help, With Medicare Drug Plan.
With the Extra Help Program, you may be able to receive funds to help you pay for your prescription costs.
The money from the Extra Help With Medicare Prescription Drug Plan may go towards your monthly premiums, annual deductibles, or co-payments related to the Medicare Prescription Drug program.
The Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Costs, Extra Help is estimated to be worth about $4,000 per year.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE FOR THE EXTRA HELP PROGRAM?
To be eligible for the Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Extra Help:
- A person must have limited income
- Limited resources
- Your combined investments, savings, and real estate (not your home) may not be worth more than $27,250, if you are married and living with your spouse, or $13,640 if you are not currently married or not living with your spouse.
- You do not have to include the value of your home, vehicles, personal possessions, life insurance, burial plots, or back payments from SSI or Social Security.
- Receive Medicare
- Be enrolled in a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan
- Reside in one of the 50 States or the District of Columbia
- Must have Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) or Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance)
If you have more assets than the amounts listed above you may not qualify for the Extra Help With Prescription Drug Plan Costs.
However, you can still enroll in an approved Medicare prescription drug plan for coverage.
YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THE MEDICARE EXTRA HELP PRESCRIPTION DRUG PLAN
You are not eligible for the Extra Help Medicare Prescription Drug Plan if:
- You should not complete the Extra Help With Prescription Drug Plan Costs if you receive Medicare and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Medicare and Medicaid.
- If you receive funds from Supplemental Security Income or Medicaid, you are automatically receiving extra help.
WEB LINK TO MEDICARE EXTRA HELP
THE WEB LINK TO THE MEDICARE EXTRA HELP WITH PRESCRIPTION DRUG PLAN COSTS.
You can click on, My Story to read about my journey with a chronic illness.
This Best Government Resource list may help you.
Resources: A https://secure.ssa.gov/i1020/start
Please, Like, HypoGal on Facebook.