What Are The Benefits of Carvacrol Oil
Carvacrol In Oregano Oil May Help Your Immune System
What Is In Carvacrol Oil?
The Oregano Oil contains Carvacrol or cymophenol, C6H3CH3(OH)(C3H7), is a monoterpenoid phenol.
A Carvacrol, is a component of thyme oil, activates PPARalpha and gamma and suppresses COX-2 expression. Cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2), the rate-limiting enzyme in prostaglandin biosynthesis, plays a key role in inflammation and circulatory homeostasis.
The smell of Carvacrol is characteristic of the strong pungent odor found in oregano.
Many researchers have found support that Carvacrol may Benefit:
- Showed Some Interesting Results Against Cancer Cells
- Cleans as Effectively as Chlorine
- Great Against Harmful Organisms
- Effective Against Candida
- Promotes Normal Lipid Levels
- Supports Balanced Blood Sugar
- Fights Systemic Redness and Swelling
The cytotoxic effect of Carvacrol can make it an effective antiseptic and antimicrobial agent.
Antioxidant activity has been shown in Carvacrol.
Carvacrol is present in the essential oil of :
- Origanum vulgare (oregano)
- Oil of thyme
- Oil obtained from pepperwort
- Wild bergamot
- The essential oil of Thyme subspecies contains between 5% and 75% of carvacrol
- Satureja (savory) subspecies have a content between 1% and 45% of Carvacrol
- Origanum majorana (marjoram) content approximately 60- 80 percent of Carvacrol
- Dittany of Crete are rich in Carvacrol, and contain about 50% of Carvacrol
Plants That Contain Carvacrol
- Monarda didyma
- Nigella sativa
- Origanum dictamnus
- Origanum microphyllum
- Origanum scabrum
- Origanum syriacum
- Thymus glandulosus
- Lavandula multifida
Long Term Effects Of Carvacrol
Carvacrol does not have many long-term genotoxic risks.
The cytotoxic effect of carvacrol can make it an effective antimicrobial and antiseptic medicine.
Since, Carvacrol Oil has been found to show antioxidant activity I feel it may be a terrific alternative medicine.
I have tried numerous vitamin and supplement brands and my conclusion is the NOW brand is a product line I trust.
If you are interested in purchasing Now Carvacrol Oil then you can click on the Carvacrol Oil mage below:
I hope the post, What Are The Benefits Of Carvacrol Oil is useful.
You may also find, Can Turmeric Help Chronic Illness? helpful.
If you take a supplement that you feel other HypoGal readers would benefit from then please email me at Lisa@HypoGal.com.
You can read about other Vitamins and Supplement Here
Please, LIKE, HypoGal on Facebook.
HypoGal Blog provides Shortcuts to Living With A Chronic Illness.
You can receive HypoGal’s updates and a 11 page Government Resource Guide when you enter your email at the bottom of this page ↓