How Does GoodRx Work?
GoodRx is a discount prescription medication program that allows you to find the lowest price on your medication.
Step 1 in How Does GoodRx Work: You go to the GoodRx website. If you do not desire to click on the previous weblink the GoodRx website is www.GoodRx.com.
You do not have to set up a GoodRx account to use the GoodRx coupons. However, I find it is easier if you set up a GoodRx account and confirm your zip code.
Step 2: You type in your prescription medication into the medication search bar.
A list of your prescription medication costs at available pharmacies will be shown to you.
Step 3: If you choose the GoodRx prescription coupon you can print out the coupon or send the coupon to your smartphone.
Other Features GoodRx Prescription Card:
- The GoodRx App is a mobile app that is easy to navigate.
- GoodRx for pets medication.
- The GoodRX website can provide you with a GoodRx pharmacy discount card.
Medicare And GoodRx Medical Prescriptions
Unfortunately, Medicare is not always the least expensive way to purchase your prescription medication. Some Medicare prescriptions are not even covered and some people may be the Medicare, "donut hole".
The GoodRx website enables you to compare the price point between Medicare prescription cost and the cost using the GoodRx prescription program.
The costs of prescription medications can be exorbitant.
The #1 reason Americans do not take their prescription medication is cost.
Sadly, medical costs are the leading cause of half of all bankruptcies. 1
GoodRx Card Options
Most people do not realize if they are not able to afford their medication the medication manufacturers offer assistance programs.
If you do not qualify for an assistance program but need to save money on your prescription then GoodRX or another discount prescription program may help you save money.
A new discount prescription card competitor, Blink Health is giving away free prescription medication. Please note the free prescription medication is good for a one month supply and does not apply to all prescription medication.
How Does GoodRx Offer Such Competitive Prescription Pricing?
Good RX matches the prices of your medications with hundreds of suppliers and offers you the results.
More reasons why GoodRX is able to offer you lower prescription costs:
- Prices for prescription drugs vary widely between pharmacies. U.S. drug prices are neither fixed nor regulated. The cost of a prescription may differ by more than $100 between two pharmacies across the street from each other.
- If you do not have insurance, it is easy to receive a better price. While prices for most drugs at pharmacies are very high for the uninsured patient, there are many ways to save 80% or more – coupons, savings tips, pharmacy or manufacturer discounts, cheaper alternative drugs, or just asking for a better price.
- If you have insurance, your co-pay might not be the best price. Hundreds of generic medications are available for $4 or even free without insurance. Your $10 co-pay does not sound so terrific when you can get the same drug for 60% less with GoodRx. Plus, many plans have high deductibles or limited formularies that do not cover the drugs you need. While the price of drugs is decreasing your drug costs increases. When brand-name drugs like Lipitor, Lexapro, and Singulair go generic, their price drops from hundreds of dollars to as little as $4. But insurance companies are pushing more of the cost of drugs (25-80% more than 10 years ago) onto patients.
GoodRx is a terrific way to save money on your prescription medication.
Please, like, HypoGal on Facebook.
You can find additional health tips on the HypoGal Blog.